I offer presentations and workshops to large and small groups, in conference halls, churches, offices, and living rooms, tailoring my message to the participants. For larger gatherings, I often weave in images, songs, and poetry to enhance the message. When in more intimate workshops, I bring in discussion and writing processes to deepen and personalize the information I’m sharing.
Topics for Talks, Workshops, and Worship Services
- Clearing Clutter as a Sacred Act
- Making Room for the Muse
- A Gentle Approach to Clearing Clutter
- In Praise of Imperfection
- Cultivating Self-Compassion
- Making Peace with Time
- Making Space for New Beginnings
- Embracing Spaciousness
- An Introduction to Journaling
- Writing to Clear Clutter
- Making Space to Write
Organizations Where I’ve Presented
Click here for a list.
- The Therapeutic Writing Institute
- The National Association of Poetry and Bibliotherapists Conference
- The Center for Journal Therapy
- The Whatcom County Library System
- Brigid Collins House
- Dorothy Place
- The Opportunity Council
- Bellingham Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Services
- The Expressive Therapies Summit – Los Angeles
- The Eliot Institute
- Churches including the Bellingham Unitarian Fellowship, The Garden Street Methodist Church, North Shore Unitarian Church in Vancouver, B.C., East Shore Unitarian Church in Bellevue, First Unitarian Church of Portland
Please see my Calendar
Current Online Classes:
Journaling to Clear Clutter: Three Simple Strategies. This self-pace course guides you to use journal writing techniques to effectively prepare for clearing clutter from your home, schedule, and heart. A special low price and bonuses are available until Noon mountain time August 12th. Normally it costs $47. This special is for $27 plus a recorded workshop where Carolyn and Kay Adams explore simplicity strategies. You also receive a bonus course by Kay on using journal writing to clear stress. Register here.
This is one of many courses I’ll be offering through the Journalversity online campus. It’s a gathering of journal writing specialists, each with their own area of expertise. My school within the Journalversity is called, A Gentle Approach to Clutter. You can purchase this course now, and then work your way through it at your own pace, when the time is right for you.